Two funny stories from my day:
Our district made the decision that students in grades K-5 needed to do a science project, complete with trifold board, every year. K-3 can do a class project, while 4 and 5 make their own for the science fair. Yesterday we completed our project and found out which packing material was the most protective by wrapping eggs inside each type, dropping them from a given height, and then recording what happened. The kids LOVED it! It was so much fun!

Anyway, I took some pictures while they were doing it to put on our board. Today we worked on putting all the information together. I have a boy in my class who is a twin. He comes up to see the pictures I printed to glue on and he notices one of him and completely serious he says, "hey! That looks like (insert twin brother's name here)". I laughed and said of course it does. He then went on to say, "it's so weird, even when we were babies in pictures he looks like me. I never know if it is him or me." I just laughed out loud. Um, of course it looks like your brother, you are identical twins! Too cute!
I don't think I've blogged about it yet, but I have a love triangle going on in my second grade classroom. Little boy A loves little girl. Little boy B loves little girl. Little girl likes both boys. Little boy A is constantly worried about what little boy B is doing with little girl. Today, little boy A comes up to me and looks completely heartbroken. I ask what is wrong and he shows me this note he has given to little girl:

This of course led to a discussion about no kissing at school, but only after I took a minute to contain my laughter. Little boy B volunteered to be my spy (I totally didn't ask). He said he was making sure to watch them at all times because he is worried this might happen if he looks away.
These kids are 8 years old! Goodness gracious!
No comments:
Post a Comment