Monday, January 4, 2010

Yoga Superstar!

Let's not talk about how I had to go back to work today and how I would rather have jumped off the highest cliff I could find, and instead let's talk about how I was a yoga superstar today!

Let me start by saying that it has been FOREVER since I went to yoga! For awhile there I was going at least two days a week, religiously. Then, my favorite instructor had to leave. I was so distraught about the situation that I stopped going. I wasn't willing to give the new lady a chance. The thing is, Monday is always a super long work day. There is very little motivation to do much after school on Monday, and without knowing if the new lady was good or not, I wasn't willing to give up the time.

Anyway, tonight I decided to go try out this new lady. Turns out, I really liked her. The class was very similar to what the Monday class used to be ... challenging, but not too difficult. So, toward the end of class the instructor tells us we are going to practice crow pose. For those that don't know what it is, it looks like this:


It's not that easy. I've been working on it for a long time and I've gotten to a point where I am decent ... I mean, I can get my feet up and balance for a few seconds, but then I always topple (I can't even tell you how many times I have literally fallen loudly on my face). Last year I had made it a personal goal for myself to master this pose before the year was over, but, I had sort of forgotten about it, as I hadn't done crow pose in months. So today, the instructor starts explaining what to do for those who don't know, but since I already did, I just went ahead and got started while she was still talking. All of a sudden I realized I was completely balanced; I wasn't toppling over at all! Then I heard the instructor say, "I'm still working on perfecting my crow, I'm not very good at it, but I know some people in this room can do it. Oh! Everyone look at the girl in the pink, she's got it!" and I was thinking in my head "oh crap everyone is staring at me now I'm going to fall flat on my face" but I DIDN'T FALL! Everyone watched me in my awesome crow pose and I didn't ever fall over! It was amazing! When I let myself down people were looking at me and nodding their heads like, "wow, good job". My face probably turned red, but that's okay. I totally got it! I totally met the goal I set for myself! I'm sort of super proud :) yay me!

No comments:

Post a Comment