Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Sick

Well, it's safe to say I am officially sick. I don't get sick ... EVER ... I guess I didn't really know what it feels like. It sucks :(

I took the day off today, which makes it my first sick day ever, and I went to the doctor. Too bad she didn't have a clue what was wrong with me either. She even went and asked other doctors about it. It's my mysterious nighttime illness. I'm calling it that because up until today, I have only been sick at night. I'm not eating much, but during the day I have had plenty of energy and felt fine. However, each evening around 6pm, I start to feel run down, and within an hour my temperature spikes up about 4 degrees. The rest of the night is just miserable, but the next day I wake up feeling fine. Today is the first day I don't feel fine during the day. I'm not running a fever (although just wait about 6 more hours and I probably will be; it's like clockwork, I'm telling you!) but I feel very weak. The thought of food makes me feel sick, and anytime I stand up and move I feel like I have to stop and get my breath back. It's like moving requires too much energy. I guess it's a good thing I took the day off, but if this is a virus who is to say tomorrow will be any better? I can't take off another day! Guess we'll see what happens this evening ... That being said, I am spending the day in bed. Other than my trip to the doctor, I have slept all morning so hopefully that will help.

On the plus side, I had no idea how good some of my friends are or how much people are willing to do to help me when I need it. I don't often ask for much; heck, I don't often ask for anything, but I've found multiple people, who I never would have expected, willing to go entirely out of their way to make sure I am okay and taken care of. Blessing in disguise I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment