Friday, January 1, 2010

Chocolate Cupcakes

Chocolate Cupcakes - Two ways! :)


What else is a girl to do with so much time off but bake? (and with my new mixer which I am TOTALLY in LOVE with, I could bake every single day!) I have been wanting to try a basic chocolate cupcake for awhile now, so, today was the day. I used the Hershey recipe for these, and while the flavor is good, the cake was a little spongy for me. A decent chocolate cupcake for sure, but I don't think it will be my "go to" chocolate recipe. I'll have to keep experimenting for that ...

As for the frosting? I went back and forth between wanting a good vanilla frosting to top the chocolate cupcake, or a rich chocolate frosting. So, I decided to try both.


I'm not a huge fan of buttercream frosting in general (never really have been), but vanilla can compliment a good chocolate cupcake well, and I do like it in small quantities. That's why I made the mini cupcakes this time. Aren't they cute? These are perfect because each one only has a touch of the vanilla buttercream. And then of course there is the chocolate. I do really like this chocolate frosting. yum! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment