Friday, January 1, 2010

Accountability

I'm the kind of person that likes lists. I make lists, and I check things off my list. Heck, I've even been known to put things on my list that I have already done, just so I can cross them off. I like check marks, happy faces, and anything that holds me accountable for what I plan to accomplish in a given day/week etc.

I was thinking about all these resolutions I've made and how many of them are things I want to do daily (take pictures, read the bible), a few times a week (workout), or monthly (volunteer, try new things). I needed a way to keep track of all of this information and hold myself accountable. I like check marks and happy faces remember?!?

So, I started looking around and found this neat site: Joe's Goals.

It's free, and online, which means you can use it from where ever you are. You input what your goals are and then you can put check marks in each box as you complete them. If it's a daily goal, you can check it off daily. Better than that, you can see every day ever that you got a check. I love that it doesn't just go away after you've done it, you can go back and see how many times that goal has been accomplished. If it's not a daily goal, you can create a log book which shows up right under your weekly checklist. Then when you do something relating to that goal, you can make a note of it. This is totally right up my ally. Thought some of you might be interested in it as well, so I just wanted to share :)

1 comment:

  1. I am the same way with lists. I definitely write things down just to check them off!!

    Thanks for the book recommendation. I'll have to check it out. I'm starting by simplifing the stuff in my house. I've been cleaning out for the past week just getting rid of stuff I don't need.

    I didn't know you had blog, so I'm excited to spend a little bit of my day catching up with you!!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete