After school today I was hanging out in my classroom with one of my favorite 7 year olds in the world. She stays after school with me every Tuesday, and we play games and chat for half an hour or so until her mom picks her up. She was telling me that her family is thinking about moving to a new house and she is really sad about it because it means she will have to go to a new school. The only good thing she said, is that she will get her own room, and she gets to choose what color it will be. So, I started asking questions about how she would paint her room, trying to get her a little more pumped up about the whole thing (she wants to paint it Aggie maroon btw ... can you tell why I love this kid so much?!? hehe). She asks me what colors I painted my room, and I told her that since I live in an apartment I'm not allowed to paint. She had this thoughtful look on her face for a second and then responded:
"well, why don't you just save up some of your dollars and buy a house"
Oh, if only it were just that easy. I'll just save a few dollars and buy my own home. haha. Oh I love kids, they are too darn cute!
No comments:
Post a Comment