Sunday, July 3, 2011

Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes

I saw this idea on a baking blog I read a few weeks ago and just knew I had to try it for our 4th of July Party!

Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes!


I decided the presentation was the most important part of these, and since I was already doing a TON of cooking for the party I made it easy on myself and just used a store bought cake mix and store bought frosting.

For something that looks like such a simple idea, these were pretty tricky to pull off. First I dipped each cone in chocolate and added sprinkles. You could skip this step, but I think it really adds to the whole looks. After the cones were dry I popped a chocolate cupcake into each waffle cone. Now comes the trick part. First you have to use a knife to spread frosting over the edges of the cupcake showing outside the cone. Then using a piping bag (and the right consistency of frosting, which is more difficult than one might think) pipe on the frosting to make it look like soft serve ice cream. Finally add some sprinkles to the top. So cute!


I'm really happy with how these turned out. They really do look just like real ice cream cones! Hope everyone loves them as much as I do :)

No comments:

Post a Comment