
I have been wanting to make homemade pizza for awhile now, but was too scared to try it due to the fact I have never made any type of homemade bread before so I had no idea if I could do it or not. Through a cooking/baking blog I read, I found a recipe for a simple crust that was supposed to be amazing. I found a simple sauce recipe from the same blog, so I decided to give it a try last Friday when I had the whole day free to mess with it.
I am happy to report my pizza turned out fantastic!! I absolutely LOVED it, and Tony compared it to pizza from New York Pizzaria. The dough was light and airy with a great homemade bread taste, and sauce was light with just the right mix of seasoning and tomato. Both recipes made enough for 2 pizzas so I actually made both this time so we could have cold pizza the next day. However, this is good to know because the dough is easy to make and freeze. I'll probably start keeping a batch in the freezer so I can throw together a pizza at a moments notice when needed.
I wish I had taken more pictures while I was making this, or even some good ones after I was done, but since it was my first time making pizza it took awhile to figure out the tricks like how to transfer the dough to the pizza stone haha. By the time they were ready we were starving so I snapped a few quick pics and we gobbled it up. yum yum yum!

In case you are interested in trying it, The crust recipe can be found here: Annie's Eats Perfect Pizza Crust, and I used the sauce recipe found here: Annie's Eats Pizza Sauce

No comments:
Post a Comment