Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Quilt for Baby Tate

My friend (and teammate) Courtney is having a baby in a few weeks. As a gift, I decided to make her a baby quilt. I picked out the fabric and sewed together the top piece a long time ago, but then got stuck on the actual quilting part. Thus far all I have done is quilting in the ditch, which means you just sew over the lines you already sewed to put the layers together. Because of the way this quilt looked on the back, this wasn't going to look good at all. After putting it off for weeks, I finally figured out my solution: freezer paper. I used freezer paper to draw a squiggly design, then pinned it to the quilt, and traced over it with the thread, then ripped the paper off leaving only the stitching. Easier said than done for sure ... there were major amounts of tears involved in this at one point. BUT, I finally finished last night! I think it turned out so cute, and Courtney really seemed to like it. I was slightly sad giving it away though haha. All my other quilts I have kept for myself so it was a little hard to let go of after how much work I put into it. Hope baby Tate enjoys it! I cannot wait to meet him (2 1/2 weeks!) :)

The front:
The back:



2 comments:

  1. beautiful! my cousin is havin a baby...i wish i knew how to make a quilt as beautiful as that, she'd love it! good job kerri :-)

    ReplyDelete