Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Rodeo: KISS

Oh Spring Break how I love you! It was so nice having T home the first 4 days of my break. As I posted yesterday, we filled our time the first few days with fishing, shopping, and camping. Last night a group of us went to the rodeo and saw KISS, then spent the rest of the night at The Hideout watching the Rob Baird Band.

First about KISS: I'm not a huge fan. Okay, I'm not a fan at all. I didn't recognize a single song they played so I was really not into the concert at all. However, the people watching at this event was spectacular. So many people with painted faces it was ridiculous! And, the place was packed! The other 3 nights I've gone we were able to sit pretty close to the front using the badges (for those that don't know, you can sit in any seat that isn't taken if you have a badge) but last night there were literally no seats on the first level! We ended up deciding to just stand at the top by the stairs and watch from there. This spot ended up being more entertaining than the concert itself and Raja and I decided it was most def the highlight of the night. You had to be there, but hilarity ensued due to a lady on a power trip yelling at people for standing in the wrong places, a creepy old man who looked drugged out, and a man in a wheelchair basically being forced against his will to move up to the handicap spot because that's where his friend wanted him to be.

After the concert we stopped to get some sausage on a stick (yum!) then head to The Hideout. This old cowboy came up to me and asked me to dance. I laughed and said I didn't know how and he said he would teach me. He then looked at Tony and said, "don't worry, I'll take good care of her, I'm a gentleman" I laughed and told him we were just friends and he responded that didn't change his statement. Here is the thing about two stepping: I know HOW to do it, I am just incapable of following someone else's lead. I get so caught up in making sure I move my feet right, if the person I'm dancing with switches it up at all I get lost. This man was trying to teach me how to turn and it was just a mess. I was cracking up the whole time. It was fun though! (I need some serious practice two stepping because I'd really like to be good at it). Later in the night T and May went out to dance and this boy started talking to me. I wasn't really a fan, but didn't know how to get away. Raja was standing by watching thinking I was enjoying myself but then he noticed I kept looking away etc so he swooped in and saved me by asking me to dance. Thanks Raja! haha After he helped me get away, we danced, then moved our whole group to the other side of the room to avoid the boy. I'm so ridiculous! All in all a fun night!

Unfortunately, T had to go back to work today so now I'm home and bored. I've already worked out, and cleaned out the entire back room (it's our catch all room for crap which doubles as the laundry room). I think I did a pretty good job! I can actually walk to the washer and dryer without having to step over a million things, and I was able to move this stacking drawer unit out there which has been sitting in the middle of the hallway for months since we had no other place for it, so I'm considering this a huge success!

I've got a few hours now until I am getting my hair trimmed so maybe I'll tackle some report card comments. Not the most fun way to spend spring break, but it has to be done and I can be lazy while I do it which will balance out all the work I did this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment