Saturday, March 19, 2011

Rodeo: Zac Brown Band

How is it already the weekend?!? Do I REALLY have to go back to work the day after tomorrow? This break has only made me more ready for summer haha.

I honestly cannot believe how fast this year has flown by though. I seriously feel like it was just yesterday that I was driving back from Colorado, interviewing for my job, and then starting in a whirlwind that first week of school. How are there only 10 weeks left? While I will be glad for school to wind down, I sure wish life would slow down a bit! yikes!

So let's see, the rest of my spring break ... Thursday I got up right after T left for work, picked up a few things at Lowes, and set to work painting the bathroom. When we painted my room back in November T thought that the color would look great in the bathroom too (the bathroom had previously been painted this ugly sea foam green color) so he painted a swatch on the wall before I could say anything. Yes it looked nice, but no I did not want to paint the bathroom haha! I had every intention of painting over Christmas break, but then I hurt my foot so I was clearly unable to. Since then we have had that dumb patch of tan on top of all that green. It took a few hours, and it was a pain in the butt, but it's done now! Hopefully the next people who live here don't ever try to take down the shelf because it is in such a precarious position that if we took it down for painting it would never go back up. So, I just had to paint around it. It looks perfectly fine, but if you take the shelf down there will be a green line where the shelf touches the wall haha.

My reward for painting the bathroom? The Rodeo to see Zac Brown Band! There was a group of 5 of us and it was a blast. Zac Brown was amazing! Seriously, I was way impressed with the guitar playing skills of that group! So glad I got to go! Sadly though, that was my last rodeo performance of the year. I just LOVE the rodeo (got to go 4 times this year for free!) so I'm a little sad it will be another year until it is back.

Yesterday I laid around and read for a few hours in the morning, then T came home after lunch so we just hung out watching tv etc until we finally decided to go rent a movie. If you haven't seen Due Date yet, go rent it! It was hilarious! It was directed by the guy who directed The Hangover and Old School, so you know it's good!

Today I'm laying low, trying to get a few things done for school (though I haven't even attempted those yet so we'll see what happens there. haha

No comments:

Post a Comment