Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Something is wrong here ...

There is something seriously wrong with this picture:

me: yesterday we had a big problem with kids in this class climbing on the fence by the road at recess. Maybe you didn't know for SURE yesterday, but you know for sure today. There will be NO CLIMBING ON THE FENCE. none. not at all. Don't even go so close to it that a teacher thinks you might be thinking about climbing on it. Do you understand?
kids: yes ma'am
me: okay, repeat after me "I will not climb on the fence"
kids: repeat in unison 4 times in a row.
me: okay, so we are clear. There will be NO CLIMBING ON THE FENCE at recess today. If you choose to climb on the fence, then you will be written up. Is that clear?
kids: yes ma'am
me: okay, go get in line for recess, but remember DO NOT CLIMB ON THE FENCE!

kids come back inside from recess 30 minutes later:
kid: Ms. McCormack, I hurt my hand on the fence
me: YOU WHAT?!!? What were you doing by the fence????
kid: uh, climbing it
kid 2: A was climbing on the fence as well!

And it was about that moment that the last strands of hair were ripped from my head and I had a complete mental breakdown at school.

Something is seriously wrong with this picture. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THEM?!? ugh!

25 days. 25 days. I think I can. I think I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment