Tuesday, April 26, 2011

New Hobby

I've been pretty bad about updating this thing, sorry! So let's see, what's been going on in my life ....

I have a new hobby: shooting guns! Tony bought a .22 pistol a few weeks ago so we went out to his parent's house the other week so we could shoot it. One shot and I was hooked! Gene brought out his .22 rifle and I have to say I was pretty awesome with that one. We had these small targets set up to shoot at and with the rifle I was able to hit the targets (largest one is about a 4 inch circle, smallest is 1) from something like 50 yards away. I was quite impressed with myself being that this was the first time I shot a gun trying to hit something (I've shot Tony's Papa's guns once before but only like one shot each). We ended up going back out for Easter and I got to do some more shooting. So fun! One of these days I'm going to have to stop picking up new hobbies as I hardly have time for all the ones I have now: photography, baking, camping, fishing, shooting, yoga and quilting haha

My student teacher's last day was last Thursday and I'm pretty sad that she's gone. She was just awesome; I could not have asked for anyone better! On Thursday my class surprised her at the end of the day with a small party complete with cookies, juice, and presents. We made her this really cute treasure chest to use in a classroom (can't believe I didn't take a pic). Each of the kids used their fingerprints to make a bluebonnet on it. It turned out so cute! Plus, I got her a book from my class and had them all sign it (Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day - appropriate given my class this year? most def!), and I got her the book Thank You Mr. Falkner, and had all my team write a message for her in it. I think she loved it all :)

I was feeling like such a loser all day and totally wanted to give away the surprise, but I held out. See, two of my teammates brought food for us to have a nice brunch together, one of my teammates brought her a present, and she brought all of us a yummy treat AND gave me a gift card. I kept thinking she must think I'm the only one who doesn't care because I was the only one who didn't bring anything for her last day. SO many times I wanted to say "I don't suck, your gifts are coming later today" but I held my tongue to keep the surprise, and surprised she was. I'm glad I didn't give it away haha.

I do have to say though, as much as I miss having her around, I do love having my class back. They have been better behaved these past two days than they have been in MONTHS. I think it's good for them to have their normal routine back. They know exactly what to expect with me and know exactly what I expect them to do. I'm not saying this good behavior is going to keep up, but I'm hoping I can get at least a week or two out of them before they go back to being complete terrors haha

Okay, I guess I'll end this rambling for now. A cat just crawled in my lap to cuddle and it's a little difficult to type.


No comments:

Post a Comment