Monday, January 31, 2011

100th day

Today was the 100th day of school in Fort Bend. I don't ever remember celebrating the hundredth day when I was a kid, but it sure is a big deal now. In first grade we spent the entire day doing 100th day center rotations. I quite literally sat and played on the computer the whole day while the kids did centers so it was a pretty darn nice day for me hehe.

One of my personal favorites is the center where they write about what they would do with $100. 6 year olds have NO concept of what a hundred dollars is! One wrote that they would buy a piece of bubble gum. One wrote that they would buy a car. My all time favorite: "If I had $100 I would buy Justin Bieber". Yes, these kids are OBSESSED with Justin Bieber. If I never hear that name again after this year I would be a happy girl indeed! hahaha

We have been counting up to the hundredth day all year making a big deal about it for weeks. Apparently I did not do a very good job of explaining what it was though, because I cannot even tell you how many kids said "I can't wait to go to second grade tomorrow". Um, no. This does not mean you are moving on to second grade (though can we just go ahead and send them now?!?! There are some crazy kids this year!! haha) we still have 80 days to go.


In other news, my student teacher is taking over teaching phonics this week, which means she is now in charge of the entire morning block. This means I don't have to do any teaching until after lunch at 11:30. Score! I'm loving this whole having a student teacher thing! (mostly just because mine rocks and I don't have to do much for her though)

No comments:

Post a Comment