Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Resolutions - a few weeks late

I think it's pretty obvious that one of my new years resolutions this year was NOT to be more on top of things, given that my post reviewing last year and talking about new years resolutions is 11 days late haha! Anyway ...

2010 has been a crazy year. It will forever be known as the year I went crazy. However, the year I went crazy turned out to be one of the best of my life. I may have spent a good $2500, and lost all my living room furniture in the process, but moving to Colorado and back in 2 weeks flat sure helped me learn to appreciate the things in my life that matter. The move (and subsequent move back) forced me into getting a job at a new school, forced me into meeting new people, and overall forced me into mixing my life up a bit. What a blessing that turned out to be! I LOVE my job, LOVE my new friends, LOVE living with one of my favorite people ... the list goes on and on. Moving made me realize how good I had things here, and moving back made me love my life and appreciate it much more. I'd say the outcome was pretty darn good.

On to the resolutions. First, let's review last year's:
- volunteer at least once a month I did this through July, then I moved, and thus the volunteering stopped
- read through the entire bible I was reading through my one year bible and made it through the month of may, then somehow I just stopped completely
- try at least one new thing each month (could be as simple as a new type of food, restaurant, activity, etc) Um, I think I managed documenting this through March, though I'm sure somewhere in there I tried new things. Heck, moving was new, new job, new home, new pet, etc) I'd say I did enough new.
- Project 365 - I missed about 90 days the entire year, all of which were after I moved back from CO. Life got a little crazy, and while I still posted when I could, it definitely wasn't daily. The whole point of this was to take more pictures though, which I definitely did, so I'd consider it a win either way

So on to this year.
- As with every year of my life, I resolve to lose weight (though I'm not going to mention how much), and work out regularly. Unfortunately, I'm off to a bad start with a bum foot which leaves me unable to work out. darn.
- Do something to start building a photography portfolio. I may actually want to do something with this hobby someday (as a job or just on the side) so I want to get some more practice photographing different things and groups of people. This may include giving some free photography sessions to people I know just for the experience; it may include taking a class; maybe something else... all I know is I'm going to make an effort to learn more about taking good pictures, and practice what I learn.

That's about it this year. I'm not making 15 goals for once. I'm making two. Two that I can accomplish. I'm happy with them.

Oh, and maybe post to my blog more ... we'll see haha

2 comments:

  1. I like your resolutions! :) I need to start posting and reading your blog more because I always like to hear what you've been up to. I hope your foot is feeling better. Did you go to the dr to see what was wrong? Also, I LOVE your kitty. She is beautiful. I so want another one but I'm afraid that Lola would not be too happy. And I already have two dogs to take care of as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never did go to the doctor. By the time I got the insurance stuff worked out it was doing quite a bit better. I think it's going to be okay, but I'm being careful with it for awhile and if it doesn't completely heal I guess I'll have to go to the dr.

    I LOVE my kitten too! :) I was worried that Tony's cats would hate her and they wouldn't get along at all. Luckily it only took about a week and they were all friends. Animals tend to adjust if they have no other choice. haha

    Hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete