Might as well catch up on some blogging while I am laid up on the couch and home alone.
Most of you know that when I moved back to Houston I moved in to the extra bedroom at a friend's house. I didn't bring any of my stuff with me, other than my clothes, because I knew I would have no where to keep it. I was sleeping on the futon in the office, and while it was okay, I sure did miss my bed!
Well, a few weeks ago our third roommate moved out. This left an empty bedroom, so I jumped at the chance to move my stuff down here. My dad packed up the uhaul in Denver and drove everything down for me the next weekend (thanks Dad!)
In the meantime, this room had to be painted! I don't know who lived here before us, or what they were thinking, but bright yellow is no color for a bedroom! The color was so bright, that when the door was open it looked like light was shining out into the hallway. How B lived with this for the 9 months he did is beyond me.
Most of you know that when I moved back to Houston I moved in to the extra bedroom at a friend's house. I didn't bring any of my stuff with me, other than my clothes, because I knew I would have no where to keep it. I was sleeping on the futon in the office, and while it was okay, I sure did miss my bed!
Well, a few weeks ago our third roommate moved out. This left an empty bedroom, so I jumped at the chance to move my stuff down here. My dad packed up the uhaul in Denver and drove everything down for me the next weekend (thanks Dad!)
In the meantime, this room had to be painted! I don't know who lived here before us, or what they were thinking, but bright yellow is no color for a bedroom! The color was so bright, that when the door was open it looked like light was shining out into the hallway. How B lived with this for the 9 months he did is beyond me.
After a few trips to Lowes, we had all the supplies needed to make my room beautiful!
Before:
After:
I really love the color I picked out. It's exactly what I pictured in my head. Not too dark, not too light, and a very neutral color that looks great against my dark wood furniture. T liked the color so much he contemplated painting his room, though we decided against that ... too much work!
He did, however, think it would look good in the bathroom, so he decided to try it out. After he had painted a big color swatch on the wall, we had no choice but to paint it all. Unfortunately, I got tired of painting and the bathroom is still not quite done. haha. That was on my list of things to do over the holiday break .... but now that my foot is a big fat mess it doesn't look like that will happen. :( Oh well, maybe someday ...


No comments:
Post a Comment