I woke up this morning to a sweet kitten that could not have been more excited to see me. She cuddled with me for awhile and then I got up to run a few errands. At noon I headed out to meet T and Roxanne for lunch, which was a lot of fun. On the way home I made one last stop to pick up my last stocking stuffer gift and as I was getting back in my car I stepped off the curb wrong and rolled my ankle on to my foot.
What came next was excruciating pain. I could no longer put any weight on it at all or move it certain directions. There were lots of tears. I called my mom and dad but neither answered. I called T and told him I thought my foot was broken so he left work with the intention of taking me to the er.
Side note here: last week I randomly noticed that the insurance card I'd been carrying was expired. So, I called united health care to get my information in preparation for this ER visit. And that's when shit hit the fan. Apparently my employer failed to submit the paperwork for my insurance and I have been uninsured since September!! Holy crap!! This caused the meltdown of the century! I need to call the district, but guess what? They are closed for 2 weeks. Insert more panic here.
The final decision was to ice it all night and hope it's a bad sprain and feels better tomorrow. I'm holding off this ER visit until it becomes apparent it is 100% necessary due to my apparent lack of insurance. This is bad. Bad bad bad. Worst. Day. Ever. :(
My foot hurts like heck, can't really move, and is swollen and black. We'll see how it looks in the morning.
At least my sweet kitty has been cuddled up with me all night to make me feel better!
No comments:
Post a Comment