This song came on the radio the other day as I was on my way to church and I immediately fell in love with it. I think the lyrics are just beautiful if you listen to them, and I wanted to share it with someone.
If your life feels like a giant mess like mine currently does, maybe you'll find this encouraging.
Better Than a Hallelujah - Amy Grant
God loves a lullaby,
In a mother's tears in the dead of night,
Better than a Hallelujah sometimes.
God loves the drunkards cry,
The soldier's plea not to let him die,
Better than a Hallelujah sometimes.
We pour out our miseries,
God just hears a melody,
Beautiful the mess we are,
The honest cries of breaking hearts,
Are better than a Hallelujah.
The woman holding on for life,
The dying man giving up the fight,
Are better than a Hallelujah sometimes.
The tears of shame for what's been done,
The silence when the words won't come,
Are better than a Hallelujah sometimes.
We pour out our miseries,
God just hears a melody,
Beautiful the mess we are,
The honest cries of breaking hearts,
Are better than a Hallelujah.
Better than a church bell ringing,
Better than a choir singing out, singing out.
We pour out our miseries,
God just hears a melody,
Beautiful the mess we are,
The honest cries of breaking hearts,
Are better than a Hallelujah.
No comments:
Post a Comment