Have I mentioned yet that my school is being renovated over the summer? I don't think that I have. Fort Bend has this like 10 year renovation plan or something and this year it's our school's turn. What does this mean for teachers at the end of the school year? INSANITY!!
Because of the renovation, which is going to be a drastic overhaul of the school, we have to box up EVERY LAST THING and move it out. If it is something that belongs to you personally, you have to take it home. If it belongs to the school, you have to box it a certain way and the movers will take it. You can not leave a single paperclip in the room or cabinets. Guess when the movers are coming? ON THE LAST DAY OF SCHOOL! That's right, the last day of school the kids leave at 10:45am. But the movers? Oh, they will be there at 10:30. This basically means that you have to already have moved out ALL your personal belongings, and have every single thing boxed up before the kids are even gone. Like I said, INSANITY!!
I am making a very solid effort not to be a hoarder this year. If I haven't used it in 3 years, I am NOT keeping it. I have thrown away SOO much stuff, which is good, because I have a ridiculous amount of things!! I moved into a classroom that was completely empty. This means that the only school items I have are those I specifically asked for and brought in. I packed all those already .... all 4 boxes of them. The unfortunate part is that with that packed up, you would never even know I packed anything. And EVERYTHING else belongs to me. UGH!
Today was another TAKS day, meaning we had no outclass time. So, we watched a movie to make up for it and I spent that hour and 20 minutes organizing, packing, and throwing things away. I actually put a small dent in it today. When a resource aid came in at the end of the day she commented, "it's looking pretty bare in here" So, I guess you could say it's coming along ...
24 1/2 more days ... am I going to make it in time? I hope so ...
Will I lose my mind in the process? Seems highly likely haha
JEEZ!!! I'd dieeee to have to do all of that! Why even bother havin school if they leave at 10:45? That's just stressful in and out of itself!! Goood luck with all of that!!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the packing! <3