Monday, April 26, 2010

Summer Job

So, thanks to Tony, I got myself a summer job that I am really excited about! I didn't want to teach summer school this summer (I need a break from teaching!) and I since I don't have to work, I wasn't going to be getting a job for the money, I would be getting one just because I would enjoy it. After I decided not to apply to teach summer school, I started thinking about what I was going to do all summer and started thinking about how bored I was actually going to be. Then, Tony found a posting on TexAgs for a summer nanny and passed it on to me thinking it was something I'd be interested in.

On a whim I decided to email about it to get more information. I ended up meeting with the mom last week so we could chat and I could meet the boys. She has twin 3 year olds (well, will be 3 next week), and a soon to be 5 year old. They are ADORABLE! Little bundles of energy for sure, but adorable. They were looking for someone that would be willing to do fun things with them: the zoo, the children's museum, the park, the pool, etc. That is totally up my alley! Unfortunately, they really wanted someone who could work until mid August, but I could only offer them until my trip to Jamaica (July 21st!!). She had to take a few days to figure out if they could make something else work the rest of the summer, but I guess she figured it out because she emailed me before they left for Disney World this week to let me know that if I was still interested they definitely wanted me to watch their boys.

I think it will be a lot of fun! As I said, the boys are precious, and I'll love taking them on "field trips" all summer. Won't hurt to make a little extra spending money either. yay! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment