Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentines Day

Today was one of those days where I just needed to pout and feel sorry for myself. Oddly enough, it had nothing to do with it being Valentines day (which is like the most depressing holiday in the world when you don't have someone to love, or in the case of this year, even good friends to spend it with). I put my phone on silent so as to ignore all calls, and I stayed in bed, sleeping off and on, until 3:30. At that point I decided I needed to face the world. And when I got up, I found a whole bunch of people who love me!

I found a card in my mailbox from Kristen.
I found a voicemail from Ricky that made me smile.
I found a text from my mom telling me I was her valentine.
I found a voicemail from my Aunt and Uncle telling me they love me.
I found a text from my Woody saying, "happy valentines day. love you sis!"
and I found an invitation to dinner and a movie tonight from Darren.

I'm not over feeling sorry for myself just yet, but I am lucky enough that even on sad days, I know I am loved by a lot of people. That's enough to get me through the sad days and on to happier ones.

2 comments:

  1. Kristen stole my idea of a card so I went with voicemail to be original...glad it made you smile Kerri, and thank you for listening to all my terrible stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, are you kidding? I LOVE your stories!

    ReplyDelete