Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Pinterest Project: Sundae Cupcakes

To go along with our hamburger cupcakes and sugar cookie fries, Michelle and I decided to make some ice cream sundae cupcakes. I thought these two would go perfectly together. Check out the original tutorial here.



I just love these. The frosting is what really makes them. It looks like a scoop of ice cream with whipped cream on top, but really it is just two different frostings in different textures.

We made ours a little different. Since we already had a dessert with brownies, we made Dan's chocolate cake (as cupcakes) instead. YUM! The frosting turned out great, just like the original. The only issue we had was with the "whipped cream" frosting. I went ahead and bought a can of white frosting with the tip you can pipe right on. Unfortunately, it was sort of more of a clear/white and mostly just blended in with the other frosting rather than have a completely different look. No worries, they were still awesome. What do you think?





Everyone at the party today loved them.

Pinterest win.

No comments:

Post a Comment