Thursday, September 8, 2011

A brief comparison

A few simple, but noticeable, differences between this year and last year:

- Last year I had to sharpen pencils EVERY SINGLE DAY because kids would destroy them on purpose.
- This year I had to sharpen pencils for the first time today (that's 13 days of school with one pencil per child!)

- Last year at least one kid was impatient and lazy and dumped their lunch tray on the floor next to the trash can EVERY SINGLE DAY (seriously, for 180 days!!!)
- This year, not one kid has accidentally spilled anything on the floor by the trashcan.

- Last year I had 5 kids ALL year that did their online reading homework (10 short books per month).
- This year I had 15 (of 18) kids start their reading online the very first night I assigned it (two of them even read over 20 books already!)

I LOVE my class this year! It's going to be such a good year!

No comments:

Post a Comment