Thursday, August 5, 2010

Pays to be nice

So here is my story about how it totally pays to be nice to people. I went to the DMV this morning to get my license plates and car registration. I walked in, took a number, and sat down. I was about 30 people away and it seemed to be moving at a decent pace so I commented out loud, sort of to the girl next to me, how I was shocked it wasn't going to be a longer wait. We started chatting and it turns out she is from Texas too so we had that in common. Turns out she was friends with the girl at the counter so as soon as it was free she walked up without having a number. She got her stuff taken care of then waved me up. She smiled, said it was nice to meet me, and left. I got to cut the line and was in and out with license plates and registration in 10 minutes! Unbelievable!! Just goes to show what happens when you are friendly to people :)

That totally made my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment