As I've started to get into this photography thing I have found that I love any picture that has two specific elements: bright colors, and a blurry background. If you hadn't already figured it out by looking at my pictures, I'm a HUGE fan of the blurry background. It's my most favorite simple camera trick, and I use it all the time! It takes what would be an everyday normal picture and turns it into something a little more fun and special. I love the way it draws your eye directly into the part of the picture I want the focus on. And as for color, have you noticed how many things I photograph with a bright blue sky? Did you notice how I always enhance the color in my photos before posting them to make it really pop? I LOVE color!
In The Bellagio they have this atrium room that is FULL of color! Everything in there is incredibly bright (and also incredibly random). Seriously, this room is a dream to photograph in, and I took quite a few pictures there haha! Good thing Kristen was enjoying photographing it as well, otherwise she might have been annoyed at me for needing to take pictures of every single random thing in the room. One of my favorite things about this room though, was the flowers. I love how the colors pop, and of course I had to use my blurry background trick haha
In this last one I set my focus to the pink flower on the side. I love how it normally would not be the point of focus in this image, but because of the blur, your eyes are drawn straight to it. I love how I can actually choose the point of focus with my new camera! Actually, I just love my camera! I'm about ready to buy my next lens; maybe I'll put my Vegas winnings toward the purchase :)

No comments:
Post a Comment