Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Vegas Vacation - Food Edition

One thing I love to photograph is food, and one thing Kristen and I love to do together is eat.  See how well those two go together?!? For that reason, this Vegas entry will be the food edition so you can see some of the yummy things we had to eat (and some we just thought looked so yummy we had to take pictures haha).

As I mentioned in my Vegas Vacation entry, the first night we were there we went to dinner here:


If you follow me on twitter you already know that I basically had a secret love affair with this martini!  It was peach flavored, and one of the best martinis I have ever had!! YUM! Definitely rivals Maggiano's pineapple martini (my other favorite).


Of course the meal wasn't all about drinking.  I had a delicious tomato mozzarella salad (one of my favorite meals on any menu!).  It definitely didn't hurt that it was presented beautifully!


Honestly, I don't remember what all was in the salad Kristen had, but it looked pretty and it was delicious as well.


The next day, on our tour of the strip, we came across these gourmet caramel apples. They were $13 each, so we passed because that is a ridiculous amount of money for an apple, but they were so pretty we took pictures through the case. Unfortunately, since we were taking pictures through a glass case, the flash could not be used so you really can't get the full effect of how marvelous these were, but you'll get the idea.



Do those not look absolutely to die for? I'm thinking I could totally recreate these at home for much less cost.  That may be one of my upcoming baking ventures :)

It was literally SO HOT in Vegas while walking around the strip that I felt like the soles of my shoes had to be melting into the ground, with my feet right along with them. The heat was so incredibly bad that Kristen and I were THRILLED to stumble across this place:


We stopped off to cool down and had a very yummy snack! Onion rings - always a favorite! I loved the presentation; they came stacked up like this on a small metal stand. They also tasted pretty darn good!


And of course how can you go to Serendipity and not have the frozen hot chocolate?!? When I was in New York with Darren a few years back I had this for the first time and fell in love, so of course that is what Kristen and I had to get!



This would also be the part of the trip where Kristen and I discovered that we do not know how to take attractive pictures while sipping on a straw.  I'm going to save us the embarrassment and skip posting those pictures haha!

That night we went to eat at a little Italian place in New York New York:


I had a penne pasta in vodka creme sauce with parmesan sprinkled on top! YUM! I am not even kidding, this sauce was fabulous!  I love a good vodka creme sauce, but rarely find it on the menu. Of course I jumped all over this entree.


I didn't forget about Kristen's food, we just didn't get a picture of it. She had a margherita pizza, so you can pretty much just picture it in your head.

For dessert we decided to leave the restaurant and instead eat at a little corner cafe in the hotel. We stood at the counter looking at all the choices for a good long while; they were ALL so beautiful it was hard to choose!! We ended up deciding that since we couldn't have them all, we could at least have pictures of them, which is how I came to spend the next 10 minutes photographing desserts through a glass case. haha

I loved this one! It was tiramisu, which I don't really like to eat, but it came in a tiny coffee cup made out of chocolate! How awesome is that?!?


This one was a cheesecake with fruit on top. I love the way they used the fruit as decorations!


I don't remember what this was, but something chocolate clearly that looked so incredibly good!

Pretty sure this one was the one that was a mix of chocolates. It had dark chocolate, milk chocolate, bittersweet chocolate, and white chocolate.  Pretty, isnt it?


Finally we just had to make a decision (and the lady at the counter seemed to be getting annoyed at my incessant picture taking, so I decided on this little dessert.  It's a chocolate mousse with peanut butter! One of the best desserts I've ever had!!


And Kristen decided to go with this fruit tart.  It had a pie crust shell filled with something like a vanilla creme filling and was topped off and decorated with all this beautiful fruit! I particularly loved the detail of the stars painted on to each of those chocolate points sticking out of the top.


And this concludes the food edition post from our Vegas trip. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment