A couple weeks ago we took the kids to Dewberry Farm for our first grade field trip. Let me just tell you, that place is AWESOME! Michelle (one of my teammates) and I may have been more excited about this trip than even the kids hehe. I had never been to Dewberry Farm before, but had heard good things so I was pretty stoked about it.

They had so much fun stuff there, and Michelle and I literally spent the day playing on everything with the kids. They had mountains of hay to climb with rope swings off of them, zip lines, swings, racing bikes, big inflatable bounce pads, animals to feed, rubber duck races, a corn maze, and a hay ride out to a pumpkin patch. I took SO many cute pictures of the kids having fun that I wish I could share them here, however posting pictures of children that do not belong to me is sort of a no no.
The funniest part of the day had to be the hay ride. Michelle and I hopped on with a few kids from my class and as we were riding out the driver told us if you looked off to one side you could see the pumpkin patch. We looked, and saw nothing. Then we got a little closer and looked again and found this:

They literally had dumped a bunch of tiny pumpkins in a field and called it a pumpkin patch. Michelle and I were dying laughing! False advertisement I'd say hahaha
When I hear pumpkin patch I think of something much more like this:

Alas, this was set up just for photo ops, it was not the real thing. haha!
Because I have changed grade levels every year I've been on a lot of different field trips (this was my 6th) and this one was by far my favorite! The kids LOVED it, it was low stress, and fun for teachers. Can't wait to go back next year! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment