Anyway, back to my quick getaway to Denver. Tony and I flew in to Denver Thursday morning and spent the day with my parents. My dad, Tony, and I spent a few hours that afternoon at the golf course. We played 9 holes and I must say I played pretty well for having not golfed at all since May! That evening we had a big cookout at the house. Woody was in town (with his gf) on his way back from his summer internship in Wyoming, Davis came by with a friend of his, and Bobby, Janet, Aunt Jane, and Uncle David all came over to eat. My dad made BBQ chicken and we all relaxed out by the pool all evening. The weather was PERFECT! I don't know what all those people in Colorado are complaining about ... it wasn't hot at all compared to Houston haha.
Friday Tony and I got up early to head to the mountains. The plan was to backpack for 2 nights ... but things didn't quite go as planned. T got hit by altitude sickness, and despite telling me he was fine and we could stay and camp, his wobbly walking proved otherwise and we ended up taking a nice day hike then heading back in to town. I think it all worked out great though because we ended up getting to spend a nice weekend with my parents. I really didn't take many pictures while we were out since we went to the same place last year. I figured I didn't need a repeat of all the same trails etc. Here's one of us on our hike though:
Friday night after we got back to town, everyone met up for dinner again then we stayed up late catching up. Saturday we went golfing again with both my mom and dad. We played this great little par 3 course and I was doing really well. I finally learned how to hit my irons so I felt like a golf rockstar haha. We went back to the same course on Sunday and I played my best game of golf yet. We played 9 holes and I was 9 over at the end. That means that I averaged bogie on every hole. That's amazingly good for me haha. I'm improving!
All in all a very fun long weekend. It would have been great to camp, but I think it turned out just as fun anyway. Always great to see the family. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment