It's been FOREVER, I know! A lot has been going on and I've been making an effort to spend more time living my life than playing on the computer and writing about it.
I have now told this to all the people that needed to be told personally, so I can let you all in on what has been going on. Yesterday I gave notice of resignation from my job. I am moving to Colorado at the end of the summer. I do not have a job yet, which is a serious stressor, but I am going anyway! There is a masters program at CU in Boulder that I am interested in, but to get in-state tuition I have to live there a year first. Hence the reason I am moving this summer, hoping to find a job and work for a year, then start the masters program in the fall of 2011. I could definitely use some prayers as this is a serious leap of faith for me. I'm scared to death, but sometimes the best things in life are scary.
Yesterday was the last day of school and I emailed the staff the night before to let them know I wouldn't be back. I also told my kids before the bell rang. It was sobfest 2010 for sure. I am going to miss those kids more than words can describe! Heck, I've taught that same group for 3 years, no wonder I'm attached. And as much as I've cried about the changes in my job each year, I LOVED my school and the people I worked with! So many of them I consider such true friends and I am going to miss them dearly. It was a sad day for sure.
This morning we had to go and check in and then leave because the movers were there and we were all just in the way. It was hard for me; there were a lot more tears. I'm excited about this next chapter in my life, but that doesn't make me any less sad about leaving where I am now. I hate goodbyes and I'm not that great with change.
There is probably a lot more I could write about this, but it's too fresh and it still makes me feel like crying so I'll stop there. Maybe I'll fill in some more details later. For now, I am going to spend the next 6 weeks until I leave enjoying every moment of my time left here in Houston. Starting now: I'm headed to the pool to lay out with a new friend. :)
Life goes on and hopefully everything will work out for the best. But that's my life right now in a nutshell.

No comments:
Post a Comment